Waxing is something that women get done from time to time. It needs to be done every 4-6 weeks to maintain the absolute best results. Getting it done on regular intervals will get the skin used to it and slow the growth of hair and provide better results between the treatments. It is also important to get waxing done by professionals at a waxing salon near you. Here is some pre-waxing and after waxing advice that can help you get it done in the right way.
- It is important to get a bath before or freshen up before you get Brazilian, bikini or body wax treatment is done. It helps make the process easy.
- Make sure that you don’t apply any self-tanner, body spray, deodorants or any other kind of cream on the body before your appointment.
- Don’t get it waxed too soon. Let it grow to a certain point if you have been shaving. You should allow it to grow at least 2-4 weeks or 1/4th inch before you get it waxed.
- Make sure to get the waxing done at least 3 days before hitting the beach or going to a pool party.
- Stay away from heat. Avoid tanning bed, hot tubs, and saunas before the appointment.
- Make sure to exfoliate the area gently 24 hours before the appointment in order to remove the dead skin cells and get the best results after waxing.
- Try to stay calm. Visit the waxing salon early and get a cup of tea to get relaxed before the application of numbing cream is done for the Brazilian wax.
- The most important thing is to wear comfortable clothing which helps prevent irritation after the waxing is done.
After waxing advice:
People react differently after waxing depending on the number of times they have gone through the procedure. It is important to take precautions if it was your first time.
- A person is sure to experience high sensitivity in the waxed area for a day or two.
- You should avoid heat and there should be no tanning, sunbathing, hot tub or saunas for the next 2 days at least. It is because the layer of dead skin cells just got removed and the sun or heat can burn the skin.
- Don’t take hot baths or exercise for a couple of hours after the treatment.
- You can apply cold compress which can help soothe the skin if you are experiencing sensitivity or irritation.
- Make sure to exfoliate daily 48 hours after the waxing is done. Use top brand products that can help maintain the wax and remove the ingrown hairs.
If you have sensitive skin, body waxing can result in breakouts which are common and not to be worried about.
Find a waxing service providing beauty salon near you to book regular appointments and keep the skin smooth.